The guild produces Art in the Park, a fine art contemporary craft show and sale, the second weekend in October each year. The show is held in Sequiota Park in Springfield, Missouri under the sponsorship of The Springfield-Greene County Park Board. Admission is free to the public.
While Art in the Park is the premier activity of guild members, an artist does NOT have to be a guild member to qualify. Every artist has the same opportunity to qualify to show in the art festival through the anonymous jury process.
Sales Tax – Please note there are new rules for the State of MO
Artists are responsible for paying their own sales tax. Missouri now requires all vendors, both in-state and out-of-state, to have their own Missouri tax identification number if they make sales at retail. Vendors must use this sales tax number to report all their sales tax information.. All artists must have a Missouri tax ID number before attending the festival.
- New Missouri Special Events form http://dor.mo.gov/forms/2643S.pdf to download the . You will need to allow at least 4 weeks for this form to be processed and your tax ID to be returned to you by snail mail.
- FAQ for Sales Tax: http://dor.mo.gov/faq/business/special.php
- City of Springfield – City License Application
Celebrating 24 Years
2018 Art in the Park will celebrate the 23nd year. It will be held on Saturday & Sunday, Oct. 13 & 14, from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm both days.
3500 South Lone Pine Avenue
Approximately 1 mile south of Battlefield between 65 highway and Glenstone
Southwest Missouri Art & Craft Guild
P.O. Box 10932
Springfield MO 65808
If you would like to download our handouts to send to your customer base, use on your website, social media or have post cards made, please feel free to do so.
Instructions on how to save images – click on the image to open, right click with your mouse and select the Save Image option.
- Full color – high resolution for printing – .jpg
- Full color – low resolution for websites – .jpg
- Grayscale image – high resolution for printing – .jpg
- Full color PDF
- Grayscale PDF