The Southwest Missouri Art and Craft Guild members members welcome you to apply for the 23rd annual Art in the Park Fine Art, Contemporary Craft Show and Sale in beautiful Sequiota Park in Springfield, Missouri. Art in the Park was created by artists for artists with thoughtful regard for professional artists who earn their livelihood from their work. Selection by jury is based on quality and originality to maintain its reputation among artists and patrons alike as being one of the few juried art and craft shows in the region. Patrons look forward to this festival all year to collect the work of their favorite artists, become acquainted with new ones and get a head start on their holiday shopping.
Ceramics, Fiber, Glass, Jewelry, Metals, Mixed Media, Painting/Drawing, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Wood
People’s Choice Award winner receives a free booth for 2018 Art in the Park. Patrons vote for their favorite booth in the show to determine who wins this award. Awards of Excellence are cash awards donated by individual sponsors. These awards are judged by the participating artists on Saturday. These awards are distributed on Sunday morning of the show.
Complimentary coffee, continental Breakfast, beverages and free lunch are available both days for artists and their helpers (maximum of two lunches per booth).
Drive-up Loading and Unloading makes set-up and take-down very easy. Nearby parking is available in the park.
Security provided Friday and Saturday nights.
Printed posters and handouts are distributed before the show all over town and surrounding areas. Air time on radio and TV. Print advertising.
- Booth spaces are 10 feet by 10 feet on grass.
- Stakes are permitted.
- No electricity is available.
- Artists are urged to prepare for inclement weather. There are no rain dates for Art in the Park.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Each booth display must consist of the artist’s original, juried work. Artwork displayed must be in the medium(s) submitted to and accepted by the jury.
- Any commercial re-sale items or work made from commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans, stencils or prefabricated forms may NOT be exhibited.
- Non-original reproductions are allowed if they do not constitute more than 75% of the total items offered for sale. All reproductions must be clearly labeled as such and not be displayed as original work.
- Each exhibitor’s work will be screened during Art in the Park. Artists whose work does not comply with the rules will be asked to leave.
- Accepted artists are expected to attend the show and to abide by the show hours. Booth spaces are non transferrable. Any artist who has not been juried into Art in the Park or who has not paid the jury and booth fees will not be allowed to exhibit.
- Up to 2 artists may share a booth. They must jury separately and process separate applications including half of their required booth fee. Artists who collaborate in a studio are exempt from this rule.
- All sales will be handled by the artist. Accepted artists will receive an application for a $5.00 city vendor’s license, which they must submit to the city of Springfield prior to the show. Each artist is also responsible for collecting sales tax and filing it with the Missouri Department of Revenue.
- All exhibiting artists must be 18 years of age or older.
- Displays must be professional. All participants must have a white tent.
- All work displayed must be for sale.
- No ‘clearance’, ‘half off’ or similar signs are allowed. Artists will be asked to remove such signs and the associated work. Each artist must display his/her work as art, not as discounted product, to maintain the integrity of the show.
- The City of Springfield and Springfield-Greene County Park Board does not allow smoking in public parks.
SALES TAX – PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE NEW RULES FOR THE STATE OF MISSOURI
Artists are responsible for paying their own sales tax. Missouri now requires all vendors, both in-state and out-of-state, to have their own Missouri tax identification number if they make sales at retail. Vendors must use this sales tax number to report all their sales tax information.. All artists must have a Missouri tax ID number before attending the festival.
Please copy and paste this link http://dor.mo.gov/forms/2643S.pdf to download the new Missouri Special Events form. You will need to allow at least 4 weeks for this form to be processed and your tax ID to be returned to you by snail mail.
A panel of three independent jurors review the images of each applicant. Jurors are artists, professionals and educators from the area who, not only understand different media and how it is created, but also have extensive experience jurying into quality art fairs with their own work and showing at art fairs on a national scale.
The Jury Coordinator assigns each applicant a number, so that he/she may be judged anonymously. To maintain this fair standard, it is important to make sure that your name, your studio name or yourself is NOT pictured in the booth image or as part of the image title on your CD.
The coordinator reads the corresponding descriptions and processes aloud to the jury as they view the projected images. The jurors are given a list of criteria to use as a guideline for judging the work. These include originality, quality and skill of execution. They score the images on individual forms and turn them into the Coordinator after jurying is complete.
Since the images and their descriptions are the only basis for judging the work, it is in the applicant’s best interest to have clearly focused, well lit, professional looking images. Descriptions should be legible, specific, concise and easy to understand. Lengthy descriptions and/or biographies will not be read to the jury.
Please read this closely. This is what is REQUIRED, not optional.
- 3 images of your artwork
- 1 image of your booth (showing your art in it)
- Image dimension: 1920px wide and maximum 1920px tall
- Image format: .jpg
- Image file sizes: minimum 100kb and maximum 10mb
- Please make sure that your name is not shown on any of the artwork or booth shot.
If you are accepted by your jurying score, you will receive an email notification by August 15. Booth fees are due by September 9 and must be paid by PayPal, check or money order by mail. You will also receive an email by with additional show information.
- Jury fee: $15 non-refundable
- Booth fee: $100 – members, $150 – non-members
- Note on Jury fee: Juried members, please check your email to get the coupon code to waive the jury fee or call Sherry Haney at 417-848-0854.
- Application Deadline: July 7, 2017 (postmarked by if mailed)
- Notification of Acceptance: August 15, 2017
- Booth Fees Due: by September 9, 2017
- Set up: Friday, October 13, 2017 2pm until dark
- Date of Event: October 14-15, 2017
Our entry process for Art in the Park is handled with EntryThingy. If, for some reason, you cannot apply using EntryThingy and still need to do a paper application, you can download it here.